How My Bible First Began
The ministry of My Bible First began in the year 2000 when a small group of dedicated Sabbath school leaders began earnestly praying for the children in their local Seventh-day Adventist church. They especially felt the need for Bible lessons that would...
- effectively reach the children and their families.
- make each Sabbath school department a center of evangelism.
- give children a better understanding of Biblical history and a solid foundation of Biblical truth.
- help children understand the plan of salvation and the great controversy.
- assist families in establishing regular, vibrant, life-changing worships.
- make the Bible stories practical for every-day life.
- help their precious children know their loving, heavenly Father and devote their lives in service to Him.
God answered their prayers through a godly woman in their church who was thoroughly committed to the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy. A missionary for many years, she helped begin the child evangelism work in what was then called the Far Eastern Division. She had extensive experience in working with children, and knew how to reach the heart of a child through her gift of writing. When asked to write Bible lessons, she agreed.
The children and their families loved the lessons. Others soon learned about them and wanted them for their families and churches, too.
From this small beginning, God has greatly blessed and expanded the ministry. Now materials are being used by hundreds of Seventh-day Adventist churches and thousands of families across North America and around the world. Translation into multiple languages is in progress.
It is our prayer that these materials will strengthen your home and church and help them be the light of your community, and prepare your family to meet Jesus when He comes again soon.
Here are a number of comments others have made about My Bible First.