Visualized Song: Give Me the Bible
- Get ready to sing “Give Me the Bible,” an upbeat and beautifully illustrated song that teaches children the importance of the Bible and what role it should play in their lives.
- Children will quickly pick up the tune with our accompaniment MP3 recording (purchase here) and learn the words as they look at the pictures.
- This is a must have for Sabbath schools, Sunday schools, homeschools, family worships, and kids’ praise time. Purchase now!
- The sheet music for this song can be found in the SDA Hymnal, #272.
- Spiralbound; printed on cardstock.
- Actual size: 8.5 x 11.
- Verse 1
Give me the Bible, star of gladness gleaming,
To cheer the wanderer lone and tempest tossed,
No storm can hide that peaceful radiance beaming,
Since Jesus came to seek and save the lost.
Give me the Bible—holy message shining,
Thy light shall guide me in the narrow way.
Precept and promise, law and love combining,
’Till night shall vanish in eternal day.
- Verse 2
Give me the Bible when my heart is broken,
When sin and grief have filled my soul with fear;
Give me the precious words by Jesus spoken,
Hold up faith’s lamp to show my Savior near.
- Verse 3
Give me the Bible, all my steps enlighten,
Teach me the danger of these realms below;
That lamp of safety, o’er the gloom shall brighten,
That light alone the path of peace can show.
- Verse 4
Give me the Bible, lamp of life immortal,
Hold up that splendor by the open grave;
Show me the light from heaven’s shining portal,
Show me that Jesus’ power from death can save.